- high protein source
- high in Omega 3 fatty acid
- American Heart Association recommends eating fish at least 2 times per week
- omega 3, 6, and 9 oils are good for strong and healthy hair and nails
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- High in protein
- Good source of fiber and Vitamin E
- Excellent snack, good in salads, add to yogurt
- essential fatty acids
- body not able to manufacture
- the good fats
- salmon and nut oil good source
- plays crucial role in brain function(memory& performance)
- deficiency could result in the following symptoms: poor memory, mood swings, poor circulation and dry skin
So it's not a myth, it's true, fish is brain food, or at least the omega oils are.
Excellent way to tone chest, shoulders and arms. This is a great way to tone the upper body.
You can use a counter, desk or dresser. Place your hands palm down shoulder width apart on the top of the counter, desk or dresser. The base of your palm should be even with the edge of the surface you are using with finger spread apart.
- The body should be at a 45 degree angle to the floor. Step about about 2 to 3 inches to get the right angle.
- Keep your abs tight and your buttocks tucked. Slowly bend elbows and inhale, lowering body toward surface but don't let the chest touch the surface.
- Exhale and straighten elbows, pushing back up.
- do 12 to 15 reps
This month my health watch is about mammograms. I have my mammogram scheduled for later this month and it's an annual event. I had fatty tissue removed from my breast, the size of my doctor's fist, right after the birth of my second son. That was 17 years ago. A mammogram has been a must for me since then.
If you are over 40 you should have a screening mammogram every 1 to 2 years. A screening mammogram is basically an x-ray of the breast for early detection of breast cancer when there are no symptoms. For more information about mammograms and breast cancer go to the National Cancer Institute website.
Most insurance companies now focus on wellness and will cover the charge of a mammogram at 100%. However if cost is a concern, call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-ACS-2345 for information about facilities in your area that offer low cost mammograms.
The National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP) provide free or low cost breast cancer early detection testing to women without health insurance. You can find more out about this program by contacting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at 1-888-842-6355.
Stay informed, know your risk, get your screening.
My third grade Bible Fellowship students defined knowledge as what we know and advised that wisdom come from God. These are very smart little kids and they listen very well. Yes, we should seek our wisdom from God since wisdom is properly applying knowledge in our everyday life.
The Bible tells us in James 1:5 If anyone lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. God gives to us because he loves us not because we are deserving. Yet, talk show host and self help books lead you to think you can gain wisdom on your own because you deserve it and it's all about you. This type of wisdom is of the world and is usually a self centered view. Godly wisdom is not influenced by worldly ways.
Each day I ask God for wisdom, discernment, regarding family, friends, job and whatever situations I will encounter that day. I know that God wisdom produces good fruit not tainted fruit like worldly wisdom.
Our pastor preached, The fruit that is produced in your life is your influence. Worldly fruit causes stress, bitterness, confusion and causes one to focus on self. Do you want this type of influence in your life?
Godly fruit is kind, merciful, compassionate, loving, caring and patience. You make the call!