Garlic Shrimp with Noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional salt not calculated with Nutrition Facts label)
- Cooked noodles (optional)
- In a wok or medium sized skillet, heat oil to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute then add shrimp and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add shredded carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Stir in cilantro, add salt and pepper to taste then serve over cooked noodles (optional).
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (137 g)
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount per serving
- Calories 162
- Calories from fat 50
- Total Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 172 mg
- Sodium 175 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Sugars 0 g
- Protein 2 g
- Vitamin A 105%
- Vitamin C 8%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 15%
Reprinted with permission by Public Health - Seattle & King County
Return to Cooking Healthy from Garlic Shrimp with Noodles