Healthy Vegetable Casseroles
Healthy Five In One Casserole
- 1 (11 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 fresh zucchini sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced (white)
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 or 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Grated 2% cheddar cheese
- Combine five vegetables in layer form in a corning ware casserole dish. On each layer, sprinkle a little dried parsley, salt, pepper, paprika and celery seed as desired.
- Top with grated cheese. Microwave on medium high 18-20 minutes. If you prefer fully cooked vegetables then microwave longer or bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes..
.Healthy Casserole with White Sauce
- 3 c. broccoli florets, cooked tender-crisp
- 3 carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces, halved length-wise, cooked tender-crisp
- 1 c. sliced yellow squash
- 1 c. mushrooms, halved
- Prepare white sauce; remove from heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until tender. Serves 6.
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blend in flour then gradually stir in milk.
- Add salt and pepper; continue to cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Remove from stove.
Yellow Squash Casserole
- 4 cups yellow squash
- 1 white onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Butter
- 2% grated mozzarella cheese
- Place squash and onion in deep frying pan and cover with water.
- Boil until tender.
- Drain the water.
- Make hole in center and add the butter.
- Put the egg in the butter, salt and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs in the butter.
- Once egg is cooked, stir into squash and onion.
- Sprinkle with 2% mozzarela cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
Return to Cooking Healthy from Healthy Vegetable Casseroles