Warm Tomato Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
- Lowfat cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (for added color, combine a mix of red cherry tomatoes with yellow and/or orange cherry or pear-shaped tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh Mozzarella cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Spray a large skillet with lowfat cooking spray then raise heat to medium heat.
- Add shallots (or onions), garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes until tomatoes are warmed then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with the Mozzarella.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar then toss to coat evenly.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount per serving
Calories from fat 77
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 304 mg
Total Carbohydrates 7 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 9 g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 20%
Reprinted with permission by Public Health - Seattle & King County