Unresistable Healthy Omelet
This mouth watering Healthy Omelet makes for a great breakfast any day and is good in every sense. The fresh vegetables, bell peppers and mushrooms, are the staple of this dish. The Omelet is made with Egg Beaters, 99% egg white. Egg beaters also contains no fat.
Veggie Omelet Recipe
- 1 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup egg beaters
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- Beat the eggs with the milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Shred the cheese into a small bowl and set it aside.
- Melt the 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Coat the skillet with the butter. When the butter is bubbly add the egg mixture and cook the egg for 2 minutes or until the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan. Gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow toward the edges and cook. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the center of the omelet starts to look dry.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet and spoon the vegetable mixture into the center of the omelet. Using a spatula gently fold one edge of the omelet over the vegetables. Let the omelet cook for another two minutes or until the cheese melts to your desired consistency. Slide the omelet out of the skillet and onto a plate. Cut in half and serve.
Return to Breakfast Recipes from Healthy Omelet